"The world is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe." -Ed Krebs, photographer (b. 1951)

"The average (person), who does not know what to do with (her or) his life, wants another one which will last forever." -Anatole France, novelist, essayist, Nobel laureate (1844-1924)
____________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Humanist holiday donation to the VMC Foundation

Almost every December, I make a donation to the pediatrics department of a hospital in the San Francisco Bay Area. This year I chose the Valley Medical Center (VMC) in San Jose.

After some inquiries, I learned that the pediatrics department at VMC prefers to receive cash, as opposed to toys, so that they could purchase items which could be used by all kids (for example a new TV).

As I had done last year, I asked the Humanist Community to join me in this effort. I am happy to say that in early December, a total of $560 was sent to the VMC Foundation from:
a.    San Francisco Bay Area Humanists - $100
b.    Humanist Community in Silicon Valley - $460

Thanks to all for helping make a positive impact locally!

Happy 2011 to everyone!

Armineh Noravian

No comments:

Post a Comment